Streusel Muffins - total time 40 minutes

Posted by yanti on Thursday, March 26, 2015


Cinnamon sugar! I love it! I was seriously in heaven at all of the bakeries in Switzerland... streusel everywhere! Okay... I was pretty much in heaven at every European bakery we stopped in while on vacation, but streusel is something I can make at home (I still plan on making those Italian Nutella tarts someday).

These muffins are somewhere between a muffin, a cupcake, and a doughnut. They are a little too sweet (and maybe a little too much butter) to be considered an ordinary breakfast muffin. This is definitely a treat. Pair it with some fresh fruit for breakfast, add it to your brunch buffet lineup, or as a sweet snack to satisfy that annoying sweet tooth. Since I love cinnamon, there is cinnamon throughout... even in the muffin!

You know, cinnamon has several health benefits including many antioxidants and having anti-inflammatory properties, so it can keep you healthy. Too bad sugar and butter aren't health foods too!

Read more �

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment