Triple Almond Cookies - total time 1 hour

Posted by yanti on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Almond Cookies

Happy Winter Solstice! It was actually sunny today, but it has already been dark for hours (it is making me so tired). The darkest day of the year means the more sunshine in every day after! :)

Hope you're wrapping up on your holiday related shopping, baking, and giving, we just celebrated Christmas with my husband's family over the weekend. I was planning on making my mom's famous "melting moments" cookies made with almond extract. It took so long for her to share her recipe with me since it is one of those family secrets you just can't share willy nilly. I looked through my old recipe box that holds tried and true recipes I wrote down before I started this blog and before I had my recipe binder... I could not find the recipe!

At that point I had it in my head that I needed to make these cookies, I could almost taste them. During our vacation in Europe, I realized I pretty much love any almond related pastry! So I had to make some kind of almond cookie... came up with this recipe... and it was a hit at our early Christmas... and since it isn't a family secret recipe, I can share it with you!

These cookies have three different almond layers to make sure to satisfy that almond craving! It starts with the crumbly, almondy, shortbread-like cookie. Inside is a pocket of almond paste (new discovery!) that gives the cookie that soft, almost gooey center I love in cookies. And to finish it off with an almond sugar glaze. If you like almond, you'll love these cookies! (Then try it with coffee!)

Read more �

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment