Chocolate Cherry Bombs - total time 50 minutes

Posted by yanti on Saturday, December 27, 2014

Chocolate Cherry Bomb

I looove cookies... but seriously, I need a break from them right now. Too many Christmas cookies!

So we were running through the produce section of our grocery store the other day (really just to grab some lettuce for tacos) and I noticed cherries. I have always associate cherries with summer. Cherries are the kind of fruit you can't have year-round in the produce department, so I looked into it, and it is currently the Southern hemisphere's cherry season (makes sense)! I guess Australians associate cherries with Christmas, which made me think... Christmas is really different down under, wearing shorts in the height of summer season and celebrating Christmas... strange thought!

Any way... there are a lot of birthdays around Christmas and I have been thinking about making cake pops, but instead of a pop, a cherry stem. So I grabbed a bag of cherries and made these super rich and chocolaty cherry bombs! And I mean they are really gooood. This is coming from someone who doesn't typically like chocolate cake or cherries... but these are the bomb! (Haha... pun intended!)

Just so you know, the stems are a little finicky. I really wanted mine to look like little cherry bombs, so I tried my hardest to keep the stem on throughout the process (specifically when dipping them in the chocolate). These would be just as delicious balled up without the stem or even put a pop stick in them.

So before your New Years resolutions are set, get in one last indulgence!

Read more �

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment