iPhone App Organization

Posted by yanti on Monday, May 26, 2014



Apps have become kind of a big deal. We now have so many that we�re feeling a little overrun by them! And guess what? It seems like we hear about the newest, coolest, helpful-ist ones every day! You may be wondering if these are worth organizing. 

They are absolutely worth organizing! Apps kind of drive me crazy! I hate how cluttered they make my phone look. And I really hate the fact that Apple won�t let me delete the ones that came with the phone that I�ve never even opened (Stocks, anyone?). SO� here are some helpful ways I�ve found to organize my iPhone apps!


-1-



Alphabetized
Obviously, if I�m looking for anything in this world, I search alphabetically. When I was 6, I used to organize all of my family�s VHS tapes. When I lived in my studio apartment, I alphabetized my yogurt. So, why not alphabetize iPhone apps? This is just a super simple way to find what you�re looking for! 


-2-



Categorized
Ok, so this is actually the way that I have my phone organized right now. I know that some people don�t like it when apps are consolidated into those little category folder things but I really love it! I love opening the Social folder and having my Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter apps altogether. I love opening my Productivity folder and having my E-Mail, Notes, and Reminders apps all right there. Yes, it does create an extra step to get them open but seriously, how lazy are we getting if we don�t want to open one extra thing on our touchscreen phones?


-3-



Color-coded
The only thing that drives me crazy about having my apps alphabetized is that, even though it actually is very orderly, it looks very un-orderly! Color-coding apps solves this problem! Color-coding makes everything look so neat and even pretty! Also, I don�t know about you, but when I think about an app, I�m picturing its little icon in my mind. So it�s pretty easy to search by color.

-

Finally, in order to keep the amount of apps I have from getting too excessive, I delete unused ones pretty frequently. I usually try to do this around the beginning/end of the month� because, if I haven�t used it in a month, I�m probably not going to use it. I also try to eliminate duplicate apps that do the same thing (those photo editing ones are the ones that I tend to hoard)! Sure, you might �need it someday� but just remember that you can always re-download it in 5 minutes or less! So, letting these go is no big deal! :)

Those are the only 3 ways I�ve tried organizing my apps but I�m sure y�all have thought of some more ways to organize them! How to you keep them �cleaned out�? Do you love or hate using those little category folders? 

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment